IRCC will reopen its Interim Pathway for Caregivers to new applications for three months starting July 8. This pathway is for individuals who have acquired work experience in Canada since November 30, 2014, as a home childcare provider, home support worker or a combination of both through Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
The Interim Pathway for Caregivers is for those who intend to live outside Quebec and who have:
- Work legally in Canada on a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program work permit (at the time of applying).
- Applied for a renewal of a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program work permit.
- Applied and is eligible for restoration of status, and held a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program work permit as their most recent work permit.
- Minimum requirement for language proficiency is at least CLB 5 in English or French.
- Minimum 12 months of full-time work experience in a relevant occupation in Canada since November 30, 2014.
- A minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or non-Canadian educational diploma, certificate or credential that’s is equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma.
- Foreign credentials will require an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) — issued within five years before the date of application by an approved organisation — that indicates that the foreign diploma, certificate or credential is equivalent to a completed Canadian secondary school diploma.
Source : CIC News